Personal Style and Fashion Blog

Friday, June 14, 2013

African Print Jumper/Halo Crown

Hello Closet Shoppers,
Happy Friday! Hope your having a blessed day and I'm sure your ready for the weekend.  Last Friday I had the pleasure being a hair model again for my hair dresser at the "Hair, Health, and Heritage" Event at the National Museum of African Art here in D.C.  My hairstylist (Audrey Afari) Salon which is Noire Salon in Silver Spring, Md. Owned by Camille Reed provided the hair models which was about six of us.  All different hair types with different styles, just so people can see the diversity in having natural  hair.  This was a very informative event with a panel of four which were: Diana N'DiayePh.D. (Curator of Will to Adorn), Monte Harris, M.D. (Plastic Surgeon), Karen E, Milbourne ,Ph.D. (Curator at the National Museum of African Art) and, Gina Paige (founder if Africanancestry.com.  The topic of conversation was about hair, health, and beauty in relations to heritage. Here are a few pics I took of some of the models hair as well as the models.  Since this was held at the National Museum of African Art we were told to wear something with an African print.  So of course I shopped in my closet to see what my options were and spotted my vintage African print jumper that was perfect for the event.  my hair was done in one braid going around my head like a halo and in a bun to the side.  I've had a picture of this style for quite some time and been meaning to try it so this was the perfect opportunity too. Enjoy! 

P.S.
If your in the DMV (DC, Md or VA) area and are looking for natural hair stylist please check out Noire Salon in Silver Spring. Also the had a live stream of the event if you wish to watch it here is the link http://africa.si.edu/healthhair.html

The program for the event. 
My Halo Crown 
Some of the hair models and I. 
My hair stylist and I. 

Jumper-Retrospectcloset.bigcartel.com/
Shoes & Necklace-(old) Urban Outfitters
Until next time, 
Nak
xoxo 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig